Accounting Assistant Associate
A local government agency is offering an excellent opportunity for an associate to gain valuable work experience in its technology department. This position is a general clerical work in the accounting field. Duties will include routine accounting activities including: General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR), and will include some reporting.
Responsibilities may include:
• Posts to the General Ledger, recurring journals on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Prepares routine, recurring reports reflecting status of accounts.
• Prepares monthly fiscal reports for departments.
• Reviews invoices and other documents for payment to determine accuracy and completeness and to resolve discrepancies.
• Checks and verifies the account coding, account balances, and other activity, for accuracy.
• Prepare correcting entries in the General Ledger as needed.
• Verifies and enters details of transactions as they occur in general or detail ledgers from items such as invoices, inventory records, and requisitions.
• Summarizes details from separate ledgers, using Excel, and transfers data to the General Ledger or other Financial System modules (Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable).
• Files forms, invoices, purchase orders or other records in alphabetical or numerical order.
• Locates and removes material from files when requested.
• Performs related duties as required.
• In progress or has received an associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Bookkeeping or related field
• Great academic record
• High level of customer service skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong collaboration skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to assist other team members
• Able to work independently
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
The work is performed in a business casual office setting and in the field. Travel to various work sites and/or meeting locations is required. Work is generally completed on a regularly scheduled basis, however, the work schedule may require working outside of regularly scheduled hours. Extended periods of concentration and sedentary work along with prolonged standing on hard surfaces are required. Work is subject to frequent interruptions and normal office noise.
Physical activities required are finger dexterity necessary to operate equipment used in the position, plus being able to sit or stand for long periods of time while performing routine repetitive functions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://bks.aviontego.com/portals/portals/jobboard/jobdetail.aspx?JobID=9170&WebJobGUID=19d8e7d9-6271-e711-941c-0050569b4c6f&CompanyID=bks →