LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The emphasis of this position is on cost estimating for commercial office buildings tenant improvements. The Planner/Estimator provides construction management and cost estimating support to generate rough order of magnitude estimates, for tracking and keeping separate shell and tenant improvement (TI) costs; for scoping; for inspections; for change order reviews and estimates; for technical analysis; for space planning, and for TI technical support for price negotiation. Provides planner/estimator and alteration management support for developing client scopes of work and estimating the proposed work.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of:
– Five years of experience with Tenant Improvement Construction of office/warehouse and related space as a project manager, construction manager, planner estimator, or building manager.
– Candidate should have knowledge of construction drawings; and commercial office building systems such as mechanical, electrical, security, lighting telecommunications, finishes, ceilings, and partitions.
– Hands on experience and working knowledge of general contractor competitive bidding process, bid reviews and evaluation of proposed costs preferred.
– A college degree or equivalent work experience is required.
– Be computer proficient and have a working knowledge of Windows 10 Operating System; MS Office 2013 Professional (Word and Excel), Google Docs, Google Mail, Adobe.
– Experience using at least one type of cost estimating software, RS Means, preferred.
– Be proficient in AutoCAD and strong ability to read and interpret blueprints.
– Ability to work in an open-communication and team-oriented environment.
– Strong customer service orientation; professional demeanor and representation.
– Experience with federal/public work projects, preferably in Washington and surrounding area markets.
– Candidate is expected to hit the ground running.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://bks.aviontego.com/portals/portals/jobboard/jobdetail.aspx?JobID=9271&WebJobGUID=8fbde657-20d6-e711-941c-0050569b4c6f&CompanyID=bks →